Monday, October 1, 2012

This too shall pass.

I'm so tired. I didn't want to post it on my FB and be discouraging. Being positive about bfing is so important especially for a new Mom. I don't want to discourage anyone just because I'm bitching. BUT GOD, I'm so tired. He's in full sleep regression mode, teething mode and I'm pretty sure a growth spurt and dear LORD, he's about to suck my nipples off. I'm feeling touched out and mostly just tired. He's not napping much and he's fussy. He's eating a lot at night. If I wasn't bedsharing and side lying then this would be even worse. I know it will pass.....I just think I need some encouragement or a pat on the back or something.

I'm tired.

I am so proud. My cousin had failed at bfing (as I did with 3 kids) and we spent at least two hours on my last trip home talking about bfing. Then when she had her baby she had the same 2nd day home problems that we all have. We doubt our bodies. We get tired. We worry about diaper output. I talked her down and she kept on and pushed through. Then she wrote me how tired she was and was feeling like she was doing all the work and I talked to her about co-sleeping and side lying. She wrote me the next day that she had the best sleep EVER. Her and the baby slept very well. She is amazed how well bedsharing is working. She never thought she'd sleep with her baby but she is. That happens so often because really bfing and bedsharing go hand in hand. Your bfing relationship will be more successful and last longer if you share a bed with your baby. And bedsharing can be completely safe. It can even be beneficial to your baby. Anyways, she's on my Fb and I don't want to discourage her with my problems right now. Like I tell her, this too shall pass. THIS TOO SHALL PASS.

2 comments:

Candace said...

You're doing amazing. Hang in there!

Ginger said...

Thanks. <3 Every bfing Mom needs to hear that every now and then.