Wednesday, October 17, 2012

You only reap what you sow.


I guess in all fairness I should continue the story. I did tell my Mother about the message I received and unlike me she isn't very good at keeping her piehole shut so she texted my Father a couple times (not sure what she said) and she messaged my Uncle (my Father's brother) on FB about it. She even tried to call my Dad's Mother. Anyways, yesterday I received this text from my Father, "Sorry, drunk and pissed, no family anymore". I have to admit the last line tugged at my heart strings but honestly he's not reaping anything he didn't sow. He hasn't been there for his family because he's been too busy chasing ass. If I had any advice to give him (but I won't because I don't talk to him) it would be to change his life NOW. To quit focusing on a piece of ass and devote himself to repairing and improving his relationship to his children/grandchildren. He CAN fix this. He should. I knew one day he would be a sad, drunk old man because of what he's done but I didn't know it would happen so quick. Despite that slight tug on my heart strings I don't think I can find it in myself to feel too sorry for him. Like I said, this is just his comeuppance that I expected sooner or later. And still, I don't care how drunk or pissed you are...you don't message that to the daughter you haven't seen in a year. You're a grown man, please start acting like one. I stopped drunk texting years ago and he's 18 years older than me. I realized that my actions have consequences and that I will have to live with them. 

No comments: