Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My pants ain't on fire!!

Alright I'm back blog but tawdry subjects and those fanciful flights have since taken a back seat cuz I'm pissed. Oh yeah, AGAIN.

I was on my way home from PTO and dropping Lexie's tuition at her school and grabbing some pizza when my phone received an email and I was at a stop light so I gave it a peek and hit delete (I get so much junk). And ok, I'm the first to admit that I probably shouldn't have been looking at my phone and I see cop lights in my rearview. Fucker was incognito. It looked like a suburban, no special markings but had interior cop lights....it was the Sheriff. Anyways, I pulled right over and realized what I was getting stopped for but what really threw me for a loop was his attitude...like he was pissed as hell at me from the start. He was instantly on the offensive. I've gotten stopped a few times in my life....ok, maybe more than a few and I've never had a cop be a bigger a-hole. I readily admitted to looking at my phone at which juncture he called me a liar and said I was texting. "I saw u pushing buttons on that phone, don't lie". Apparently the a-hole is technologically deficient and doesn't know u can "push buttons" on ur phone without texting. At that point I decided to cut my losses and smile and bare it....while gritting my teeth I was envisioning my triumphant court appearance where I bring my phone records in and call the a-hole on his deficiency. Anyways, "grin and bare it" just got me a warning but I guess you can say that the Sheriff didn't gain a fan. Actually I plan on looking into registering in this county tomorrow just so I can vote against the fucker in the next election. Needless to say, I've done a lot of grinning and bearing all evening. My kids have never been in the car when I've been pulled over so they were nervous and asking questions and I don't want them to fear police officers or think it's ok to break laws so I calmly explained that he was only helping Mommy to see that she was doing something wrong. I had a lot of bad words to call the man when talking to my hubby but out of the kids hearing. You know, I've been pulled over before and never had this strong a reaction but he called me a liar and I realize that he probably deals with liars and a-holes of his own on a regular basis but he doesn't need to take it out on me. I take being called a liar a very personal insult. I DO NOT LIE...not everyone does. You know he really seemed like he was having a bad day but u know what...you don't get to take that out on me. If your in a position of authority such as his you need to especially be sure your not taking it out on others. I could have passed on his bad mood and taken it out on my kids but u know what...I'm a better person and a better Mother than that and the buck stops here like they say. I will not let him make me an ornery, pissy Mom this afternoon. Sheriff Haskell.....I DO NOT GIVE U THE POWER!

No comments: