Monday, May 3, 2010

You are not ALONE!

So I wrote a blog post a few weeks ago entitled "So I had a bad day..." and I've been surprised at the responses I've received. First I'm flattered that ANYONE even reads my blog...after all, I kinda write under the impression that NO ONE is reading it because if I wrote it under the assumption that people were going to read it then I'd have to be very careful what I wrote and I don't like to write that way. I can't tell you WHY I write the way I do...but part of it MUST be that when I write what I'm feeling then I always get affirmation from those that read it. We don't have to feel alone as we think we are. To put this into prospective, I went to a "Passion Party" the other night at a friends house and at one point we played a 'game' where when the representative asked a question we rotated one seat clockwise if the answer was 'yes' until we arrived back in our ORIGINAL seat for the SECOND time. Well the first questions were mundane enough...are you wearing a watch, do you have pictures of your kids in your wallet...and then come the racy ones. Have you ever role played, gave a BJ, have you swallowed, had a threesome, kissed a person of the same sex...And I was SURPRISED at the amount of people who answered 'yes' and of course I was so busy with my own moves (I shall never tell...unless you ask of course ;) that I didn't really notice EXACTLY who moved but was surprised at the amount of movement on the questions that I had felt very ALONE in. I suppose that was ONE of the points of the game was to open the course of conversation and help us to all be comfortable with ourselves and our surroundings..I don't know if the point was 'to feel a little less alone' but I definitely felt that. I felt as I have often lately...surrounded by friends and non-judgmental ppl who are the same life boat and life situations as me.
Back to my original point (I so often get 'lost' in my blogs and completely forget where I was headed), YOU are not ALONE. We all want friends. Someone (she knows who she is :0) reminded me of that saying about having friends for different seasons and when you need them ..or something along those lines..I'm not sure I've always had what I thought I 'needed' but I got here so I guess it's worked for me. I did go through a bout of what I think was depression at one point in my life and there were a couple of 'best' friends that pulled me out of it when it could have turned really bad so I guess I got what I needed. I'm not on my soapbox today and I'm not having a pity party so here is good, like I always say. She also mentioned mourning friendships lost and I feel that sometimes too..that friendship that ended for whatever reason.

So I wanted to say READER, that you are not alone. There's a whole world of women out there with similar feelings and in similar life boats.

I think (I wasn't trying to make it sound that way.) that I made some of my friends feel alienated by my post too and feel unappreciated. I would like to say that I LOVE and appreciate all the friends that put up with me. Today I asked the hubby how he lives with me. lol. I said I'm bossy and a know-it-all..I couldn't live with me soooo A SHOUTOUT to my friends who 'put up' with me. BTW, he kept his trap shut. Good move Foy, good move.. :D

No comments: