Saturday, May 8, 2010

You don't have the power!

U will not make me become my Mother. I do NOT give u that power.

I'm on my cell and I guess I need to tell someone--u blog that I HOPE no one reads.

My hubby just told me that he was on Fb @ 4am and he saw this girl that was his friend on Fb and she had made several comments/updates about how she needed a friend right then. So he in ALL his wisdom responds and (she's drunk) she gives him her number AND he calls her. She has some story about how the Sheriff (who recently got her 'off' something she was in jail for) is texting her dirty messages and she's married with two kids AND her husband recently cheated on her and even though the Sheriff is like 50 years old--she can't help but be flattered at the attention.

My response: Stay the fuck away from her! U shouldn't have called her in the first place. This is the first step on a rocky path. I have a problem...I feel betrayed that my hubby is chattin' up some drunk chic @ 4am. He's opening up to her emotionally--listening to her in a way that he doesn't even listen to me. WTF?! I feel betrayed. And he responds that at least he used his truck phone and I can check it cuz if he used his cell--well, the company pays it now. Why would his mind even jump there?! I hadn't even thought about that!

Well I am calm..have been calm. That's just me. When I'm the MOST mad, I'm ice. I'm sweet, kind, gentle, understanding ...AND I'm plotting a strategy. So I can turn into my Mother here and check his phone, check up on him, accuse him all the time, and generally make his life a living hell BUT who'd be winning there. Certainly not me. And I like to win. No, I hope his ass does screw up--wonder how much child support for three kids is? And I want part of his 401K and all the damn furniture. I'm the scary wife--the one that u don't know is leaving til u got the papers in hand and ur bags are on the front walk. Of course, at this point I'm not debating divorce...I'm just saying I wanna have a plan should this lead there. Bullshit is officially at an end now. Time for business.

And u must realize that I blog in righteous anger right now..while sitting in my car and contemplating my options. I'm a look before u leap girl...now I could yell and scream and plead and make demands but I can tell u from experience that if they WANNA leave--it's easier if u just let them go. Part of me debated calling or writing the girl with threats...haha. That's not me. AND I sure ain't a pleader or a groveler. So of all my options then I guess I chose the right one--his freedom. He's always been free to leave if he wants and that hasn't changed. Just don't screw me in the process or don't think u are--and don't let the doorknob hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

5 comments:

Candace said...

BOY DO I UNDERSTAND!!!!!! And let me tell you something: I got $1800/month in child support when I divorced David. I sat down, told him that he could fight me or cooperate, and every second and every DOLLAR he spent on legal crap was going to ultimately hurt the GIRLS not us. Then I said here's what I want... and I got it.

HOWEVER, Foy would be STUPID to do ANYTHING that made him lose you! And he's not always the brightest about what he does, but I think he'll catch himself before he goes too far.... at least he BETTER ;-)

Like you, when I'm NOT yelling and simply taking my pillows downstairs is when you KNOW I'm Pissed! And like you, I'll be DAMNED if I'm going to give the upper hand in the situation to the OTHER person

Ginger said...

Well, of course I was over-reacting because I was hurt. When I got home, he hugged me and made me feel better. I don't want to be hypocritical because after all I was speaking to an EX-BOYFRIEND on the phone and he was good natured about it. I just have to HOPE that he realizes from his conversation with her (like I did from my convo's with Roger) that I got lucky and I'm in the best marriage. He said she made him realize how lucky he is not to have a wife/life like her. But at the time (when I wrote this blog) it really took a burden off to write those things..that's what a blog should be about!

Candace said...

EXACTLY! That's the EXACT reason for Blogs. I hope my comment only portrayed support and understanding.... because that's what was intended. I'm glad Foy handled it how he did!

~Kimmee K~ said...

well miss ginger, you are one hell of a woman and I mean that! If i were in that situation I wouldve said the same things, but I wouldn't have calmed down. I would be pissed forever and ever lol!!!! I don't have the self control like you do and I hold grudges like crazy. He is a lucky man to have you and I'm glad everything is good with you two now :)

Amanda Davenport said...

Wow I am so sorry this don't sound good I meant what guy does this! Hope you are okay Im here if you need someone to talk too hope things are better!!!!