Sunday, April 11, 2010

Do you have a NEED?

I was on Facebook today (SURPRISE!) and one of the girls I went to h.s. with (I hesitate in calling her a friend.) had made a status update about a baseball game that her son was playing that was in overtime and she said to pray about it. SERIOUSLY, I'm gonna pray about that. SERIOUSLY, she wants to bother God with a BASEBALL GAME. I'm sure he wouldn't be bothered but can you say, get your priorities straight?! My mind is boggled. I am BOGGLED at this behavior. I mean she cares so much for this elementary aged boys baseball game that she's asking for my prayers on the subject. I just don't know....I don't know...People are out there dying of cancer, children are being sent to bed hungry, being abused, our country is going down the drain and she wants MY PRAYERS FOR HER SONS BASEBALL GAME. I'm speechless.

I miss going to church. I need to find one.

When I was at church on Easter Sunday the pastor (as always) asked you to raise your hand if you had any unspoken needs (after the spoken needs) before prayer and I always evaluate myself here and ... I never raise my hand. Some of the ppl raising their hand, well I know their unspoken need and some I don't but I figure if we're going to pray about it then it should be serious. I don't have illness in the family, none of us are near poverty or involved in drugs or other 'bad for you' activities...I always figure that someone elses need must be greater than mine..like the lady two rows over whose son is killing himself with alcoholism or the lady across the aisle whose daughter-in-laws are having an argument that is tearing their family apart or the lady over there whose son is dying of luekemia. These ppl HAVE NEEDS. I may have some wants but I don't have any needs...not like that, Thank God. I mean I could always use a blessing, Lord knows I've been blessed.

1 comment:

Candace said...

AS usual, I TOTALLY agree!