Thursday, August 7, 2008

Homeopathy

Homeopathy is a vitalist philosophy in that it regards diseases and sickness to be caused by disturbances in a hypothetical vital force or life force in humans and that these disturbances manifest themselves as unique symptoms. Homeopathy maintains that the vital force has the ability to react and adapt to internal and external causes, which homeopaths refer to as the "law of susceptibility". The law of susceptibility states that a negative state of mind can attract hypothetical disease entities called "miasms" to invade the body and produce symptoms of diseases.[1] However, Hahnemann rejected the notion of a disease as a separate thing or invading entity[66] and insisted that it was always part of the "living whole".[67]

This is an excerpt from Wikipedia on the definition of homeopathic. I thought I would add it as a half-ass explanation of my last blog...if it's possible for it to be explained.....



Also on a completely un-related note. I learned a new word this week (well, I learned several but this one is my favorite) so check it out. Callipygian.

No comments: