Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ice cream, hermaphrodites, and Wikipedia

So I haven't felt very bloggy (I know. I make up words.) lately but I almost feel like it's an obligation to write something on here at least every couple of days..well ya know for my millions one adoring fan.

The ice cream truck just came by. That's the first I knew of an ice cream truck.I have all the windows open today and I heard the music. I can't write this blog in front of my picture window with the windows open without mentioning what a BEAUTIFUL day it is. It almost feels demeaning just to call this day beautiful. It's the kind of day that makes you feel healthier just by breathing the air. These kinds of days were made for open windows, picnics and walking the dog. (If I had a dog..I would walk it today.)

I'm reading a book about a hermaphrodite and how he came to be and about his families journey here from Greece (It's fiction.). So as to learn all the meanings to the words I use wikipedia online. I laugh to myself when I think if someone looked at my history on wikipedia they would see some pretty off-the-wall things on there. Today I looked up androgynous and hermaphrodite (because I wanted to understand exactly what we were talking about here). So as to clear the air and so you won't think I'm a freak, this book was an International Bestseller and was a Pulitzer Prize winning book and also in Oprah's Book Club. The funny part is the cover doesn't say Pulitzer Prize winning--it says Oprah's Book Club. I mean which one would I be prouder of.

Yesterday on Wikipedia I looked up Le Pere Goriot (a novel written by frenchman Honore de Balzac), Howard Hughes (the famous billionaire who was a genius and an eccentric), Liberace (who was a performer in Las Vegas who could play classical music but chose to be a showman instead and make his pieces fun; he was also gay) and Christine Jorgenson (a famous transsexual).

No comments: