Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Flowers Fill Me with Happiness

I got these flower today with this note accompanying them.


I still have no idea who sent them but I can say they did brighten my day. And humbled me a lot. I feel like  I need to live up to who ever has such high expectations of me! I know I talk big game but I'm always second guessing myself. Just like most parents I'm praying all my mistakes just don't fuck my kids up permanently. I think we all feel under appreciated and I know I do at times and especially lately I've spent lots of time second guessing myself...me and my kids and what kind of parent I am and what kind of  parent I'm not. I never needed the lift up more and I LOVE whoever saw this. It made me a little tearful. Don't surprise a hormonal pregnant woman with a gesture of such sweetness and not expect me to get choked up. The flowers now adorn my table as a centerpiece and they warm my heart every time I look at them...I even cleaned the table and made it pretty for them. :)

Someone mentioned 'pay it forward' and now I think I should so I've spent some time thinking who I would pay it to. I have some ideas but I need more time to think about it. I want it to be someone who is at a point that they REALLY need that lift like I did today and have the last month or two.

Gestures and words like these are the ones that I commit to memory and that moment when I've been kicked (as life is prone to do) then I'll pull up the rolodex recall and remember a moment like this and feel better. So this gesture won't just last for the moment but long after the flowers have died it will still warm my heart and make me a better Mother and person. It will get me through more than one dark time.

No comments: