Sunday, January 29, 2012

Much better...there's always an upside.

For every bit I was bummed a few days ago..I'm that much happy today! We finally had the discussion about what baby stuff we need and how we're gonna buy it and we came up with a plan and I feel very relieved and happy. On the list: monitor, car seat, stroller, bassinet, cloth diapers, pail liner, wet bags (2), laundry detergent, birthing ball and crib bedding. If we have the time and money maybe some clothes but with the giant bag this lady gave us (I forgot how big it was til I pulled it out and it had a ton of blankets and towels also!) and some I found that I forgot that I bought (oopsy) and some my MIL bought we have quite a few already. :D :D

I got some more organizing done in his room today and it makes me happy.

Our plan for the baby items in large part utilizes Babies R Us Great Trade In Event. We figured that we can save around 100$ on the big ticket items by trading in some old Eddie Bauer car seats we don't need anymore and perhaps trading in our double stroller (maybe). We can get the stroller, car seat and bassinet taken care of.

Tomorrow I have my gestational diabetes test and after our happy discussion tonight somehow I feel less anxious about that too. I feel the Gods are smiling on me (too much Spartacus lately, haha). I have to get my records at Starla's office tomorrow AND in a couple of weeks it looks like we're still planning the 3D u/s.

Things are moving right along and Ezra is kicking and active and it makes me smile to feel him. I could never complain because he punches me too much. I love every bit because without it I'd worry if he was ok. The harder his punches the stronger his bones, eh.

And I was thinking about how I was freaking out about what to do with the kids here at home while I'm in labor. Well, DUH, if it's a school day OR the middle of the night then no worries. So that only leaves weekends and afternoons to worry about and that somewhat reduces my anxiety about it. I take reassurance in the fact that I should labor quickly as I have with my other children. This'll be a breeze. ;) I ask some of my Mom friends about dealing with natural child birth pain and some of the responses I got were: birthing ball, rocking hips, hip compression for counter pressure, lower back rubs, WATER of course, walking, breathing, squatting, rocking on the toilet and staying preoccupied. CHECK. I will try all those and make sure I remember them. If I can't then I can always pull up this blog. ;)

No comments: