Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby Names

We have been ...having lots of problems with this but we MAY be at problems end. I have told some family what we're thinking and the kids. I have posted on my Mom website. I'm not ready to FB it yet (that feels so final...so FB OFFICIAL) but I think I am ready to blog it.

Ezra Cooper


I know..weird for us, right? But we both really like it. It's old which I like and it's different which Foy likes...he also seems to favor short names so this appeals to him and I prefer at least two syllables so this fits me. We're pretty set on it...well, the first name. The middle name is the one we aren't that firm on for sure. We had some middle names we had liked: Benjamin, Foy, and Van were all contenders but none of those seem to suit. I like Ezra Van but Foy doesn't. I don't really like Ezra Foy but if Foy insisted then I could live with it but he doesn't seem to like it. And I just DON'T like Ezra Benjamin.

I also like the links Ezra has...so far I've found 3. It's a book in the Bible...which doesn't bother me at all. It is in the name of a band, Better than Ezra...which is fine. And it has links with Superman! The husband is a Superman fan and so this doesn't hurt at all. Ezra Smalls is the fictional character that founded the fictional town of Smallville. Well, maybe 4 links because where I actually got the name FROM was the last episode of Bones which the hubby and I both like so we're ok there too. I also tried it out in my Mom's group and got some stories about some pretty great Ezra's and most people were positive (or else they didn't post which is fine by me). My Mom didn't LOVE it at first...I mean she's not negative but I can tell she's not gung-ho but that won't stop me. My Grandmother loves it...which I knew with it's biblical ties that she would AND I told the hubs he could tell his Mom because I'm not dealing with her. My Mom can be very difficult but she has a lot of tact when it comes to decisions that she believes are mine and she has no place in but my MIL is the opposite. She'll spout out the first thing she thinks and I'll either be rude or cry....so Foy is dealing with that shit.

I've been trying the name out myself. :) I call my bump Ezra and refer to him as such...to get a feel for it more. So far, I like it. It's awkward at first but...I'm feeling it. I hear the kids say it and it's so cute. Sophie says it in the most adorable way. Anyways, I know this sounds like it's a sure thing but the hubs and I have thought we had sure-ish things before and it's ended up not being it but....I knew when I heard this...I'm pretty sure this is it.

I got serious baby brain lately. I guess with the holidays gone my mind is free to wander and it spends a lot of time on my baby bump. It also helps that we got the rooms fairly straightened out and his bed, changing table and rocking chair are moved into his room and...I find it so pleasant to walk by and see it. Sometimes (ssshhh, don't tell anybody) I go and sit in the rocking chair and dream of him ..when I have a quiet moment which is rare.

I really want to order the bedding I picked out but Foy is being a douche and won't let me. Money, money, money..blah blah blah. I mean I know we've been bleeding cash with vacation and Christmas but we're gonna buy it so I don't know why I can't go ahead. It feels like the next logical step.

I guess we're fixing to spend more cash too. We went to a birthday party for a boy in Lexie's class today and several kids showed up that didn't know the family and just came because of their school invite. 5 by my count so I'm thinking we MAY do a birthday party. I know even if just 1 or 2 showed up that Lexie would be THRILLED. Especially if they were her extra special friends. This is her 'golden birthday' and I'd like it to be extra special for her. Well, I would anyways. I do love my girl so. Then soon after will be Kylie's and then S's should be quite simple. Since she's so close to the boy's due date hers will be iffy. My Mom SHOULD be here. So it may be a small family thing but I'll still get cake and balloons and presents....

Ah man, I am so tired. I haven't went to bed before 11 for two nights in a row...for no good reason and now it's 830 and I feel comatose. I am SO outta here!

No comments: