Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meet new friends...

So my friend is leaving. I'm so sad. I finally FINALLY make a new friend and she's so nice and we're so on the same page and her stupid hubs gets a stupid promotion and now they are moving again. You'd think I wouldn't be surprised. I know how transient this town is. I gave her an Amber necklace for her baby as a parting gift. I can't believe how bummed I am about this. I mean we've only met a hand full of times or maybe a few more but not many.

On a cheerful note I did make another friend. It's amazing how small the world is. She went to a LLL meeting in Logan, Utah were an online friend (who makes cloth diapers) goes and she heard she was from here and knew I was so she connected us up. She knew I was looking for fellow cloth diaperer's and breastfeeders. Even better this chick (her name is Kyria 'pronounced Ki-ra') is starting a LLL here! She is well on her way to being a IBCLC, YAY! I met up with her and Allison (first paragraph chick) at the park and we had the nicest chat. She's kinda quiet. Oh Lord, we know I'm not. She better speak up or I'll talk circles around her, haha. She seems very nice and I'm glad I met someone else. Funny thing is she said she saw my van (with all my stickers. Did I show you my stickers? Well, I have intactivist stickers, and bfing stickers and cloth diapering stickers, haha...well, they are magnets really) and followed me for a little while one day because she was trying to meet a kindred spirit too. Foy saw all my stickers by the way (along with the newest one that says "Breastfeeding for all. Circumcision for none.) and said Dammit Ginger, another one..we already look like a fucking hippy caravan, haha. He so funny. She is also starting classes this fall to becoming a midwife. She would love to start a practice here...oh, maybe I could be a doula one day. That would be so awesome. It's way too soon to go there though. Despite all her quietness though she is spunky and I like that. She has pissed off all the pediatricians in town because she tells them WHY they are giving bad advice about bfing and starting cereal at 4 months. I told her I just nod and do what I want but she said she just can't. She sees a chiropractor in town for her daughters well child check ups. I thought that was an interesting choice but I'm not completely sold. Plus all I want the well child for is weight checks (my scales suck ass), his head circumference (that worries me and I want to keep an eye on it) and his height which I could check at home I guess. I won't listen to any of her 'doctors orders' anyways, lol. I heard she would be cool with my not vaxing too and I've already made a point for her to know she is not to retract him (but I will remind her every appt anyways).

Anyways, one friend is leaving but I have perhaps made another. It just sucks that the long winter is coming (that sounds like a line off Game of Thrones...) and now I'm friendless. It seems so much easier to make friends in the Summer. I'm being dramatic anyways. I'm not FRIENDLESS. I have friends....just...ya know.

No comments: