Monday, February 13, 2012

I went shopping this weekend. I got a stroller, car seat, bassinet and other smaller stuff. I met the nicest cloth diapering people and bought some diapers that I'm IN LOVE with. Of all the things we bought including the big things the diapers are still my fav. I know the hubs and most people don't understand. I mean they hold poop and pee right but still....
I got a Thirsties Duo, Fuzzibunz, Rumparooz, Blueberry and BumGenius (Albert!). I've seriously never been so excited about diapers. I played with them on the way back from SL. I adjusted the elastic in the Fuzzibunz and gushed to Foy about the feature. I pointed out the interior leg gussets on the Rumparooz. I think the BlueBerry was my fav...mostly because of the dinosaur print and I like that it's an AI2. I wondered at how long it would take the BG to dry. I read up on how to wash and care for each one and how to best use the inserts for the different sizes. Honestly, who knew there was so much to know. I really am excited. I would have loved to buy a Flip or two but they didn't have any. :( I'm thinking of ordering a couple right now from Mom's Milk Boutique...which reminds me I got my stuff from them too. SUPER excited about that as well. The Ergo I had ordered with the freebies.
We did buy a few clothes in SL too but I'm worried about them fitting over the diapers. I know that can be an issue. Oh, I also got some BumGenius detergent on clearance to wash them in. I still need wet bags, a hanging wet bag, and a pail with liner. I'm also using cloth wipes because it makes sense to wash all of it at the same time...diapers and wipes and boom I'm done. I've never been on fire to the environmental aspect of cloth diapering but it's really catching hold. I mean I thought it was good and all but wasn't my main focus but I guess I'm loving the thought of making everything reusable even more than I use to. Eventually I might make my own detergent. I got a couple of recipes from a couple of women that I might try when I run out of BG or if it doesn't work. I know detergent can be a trial and error process. I seriously have a fluffy brain today. It's good that I'm excited about something though...they are the only thing brightening my day.

 I was up at 4 am and unable to sleep until 7 when I fell back asleep for 30 minutes and then woke the kids up yelling that we had to hurry. Not my brightest or best moment and didn't start my day off great...plus I feel sleep deprived. I feel like the 30 minutes is all I got all night. Damn Sophie and her lack of nap taking, yawn. I'll tough it out. I do have to go get a few things at the grocery store later. Valentines for the kids, cookies I promised to bring to the party and S is out of pull-ups. Potty training is still going well EVEN with our trip to SL. We took her potty with us and she had one accident the whole time and it was on the tile floor at the hotel so even that was not bad. She wore panties the whole weekend except at night. Looks like we're doing separate night potty training again cuz that seems to work best. I expect a set back when Ezra comes but we'll deal with that when it comes. Plans for him are coming right along.

Lexie had a blast on her birthday weekend...even though we had to spend some time shopping for her baby brother. We stayed at the indoor water park hotel and then we went to Jungle Jim's for a couple hours and then we stayed an extra night and went to Toys R US where she milked me for more than I intended to spend. It was a good weekend and I was less tired than I expected. Though today has made up for it because I feel like doodoo.

I tell ya this pregnancy induced snoring is not thrilling the hubs either, haha. He slept on the couch again last night, poor man. I'm sure that's why I feel more tired than usual also. Sleep where you snore is suppose to be not as good I believe.

These are some of our big purchases (it's easy to post pics because I already loaded them on the computer from my iPhone so I could post in the online group):


The bassinet which wasn't my fav but whatever. I was tired by then. It does rock and vibrate and play sounds and all that good stuff. I'm not loving the brown but it's passable. I like the little insert that has a smaller baby in a sorta reclining position. I know babies usually like that so I think it will be nice. I can see him in it now. :D


I love the orange in this Chicco KeyFit30. We originally went intending to get a Britax though I knew I either wanted a Britax, Chicco, Snugride 30 or Safety 1st because they had the highest safety ratings. I thought the Britax was too hard and not cushioned enough when I saw it in person. I wanted the Safety 1st but it wouldn't fit on the stroller we wanted very well plus it was black and I wanted some color and the hubs preferred the orange Chicco over the Snugride so that's how we arrived at that one.  I do like the material it's made from and the colors. It's easy too and fairly lightweight. I feel good about this purchase so far. 


And we ended up with the Britax B-Agile which I did not see coming. I really went thinking that I would order the B-ready online but we started thinking that we really don't need the ability for it to be a double stroller. S is walking fine and we don't have any big trips planned where we would need her to sit. Foy also pointed out that we could take the umbrella and both push one if we did go somewhere that was a lot of walking. Also because I plan to wear baby lots because of my fabulous Ergo and Moby then the stroller CAN be used for her more if need be. We liked how easy it was to lock the wheels on the B-Agile. Foy is thrilled with how compact it folds and the fold up is super easy. It turns well and is lightweight. The canopy comes over plenty far. It even has a pocket. We are also going to order the tray for it eventually and a cup holder for me. It goes up to 55 lbs I believe. Anyways, it had all our requirements plus we wanted a 3 wheel style this time. We were kinda over the traditional stroller style. We almost bought the City Limit Jogger but the basket was smaller than the Agile and it was harder to lock the wheels...for a few reasons we eliminated it. We seriously spent THREE HOURS looking at strollers before we picked this one. Anyways, it has an adaptor for the car seat and the Safety 1st would barely fit. The adaptor is made for the Chicco or Snugride 30...so it all worked out. I'm happy with it as well.

No comments: