Sunday, June 3, 2012

Boob pacifier: woman without need of artificial nipple

I just had someone refer to me as a boob pacifier. It pissed me off. The term pisses me off...especially from someone who is only being resentful because they couldnt stick out the breastfeeding. Let's call it what it really is..yes, I am a woman who can pacify her baby without an artificial nipple. Yep, that's me. In fact my baby won't take an artificial nipple, believe me, I tried. He was not fooled by it. And yeah, when he cries no matter the reason I give him boob. He doesn't suck on me all night. He eats and then drops my nipple out of his mouth. He does like a boob to go to sleep but he can go without it. I find nothing wrong with being able to make him happy by whipping out a boob. I wish it had been this easy with my formula fed kids. I wish feeding had been this easy. Traveling even is SOO much easier. Not having to pack bottles, water and formula and having to worry about them running out is awesome. I pack so little to go. When we leave the house for groceries or what not I just make sure we have a couple diapers, a couple wipes, my nursing cover and an extra set of clothes. Food is always fresh, available and THE perfect temperature.

No comments: