Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey Review (Thumbs down)

OMG, OH MY GOD, I hate this book series. I never realized how little it takes to shock the modern Mom. What fucking pussies. I swear, this book has got them all in a tizzy. I read it...all 3 of them and I've seriously read better, racier sex scenes in my vampire erotica. I do not see the big deal. And if they aren't reading it for the sex then ....well, there is no other reason to read it. I like a good sex series as much as the next girl but there is no freaking plot in these. NONE. There is a sex scene every three pages. And it's not even the sex that annoys me the most. It's the vibe, I guess. He wants to 'take care of her'..poor little woman can't take care of herself. He needs to 'protect' her...uh hmm, CONTROL her. I can't stand the way she acts if she 'disobeys' him. GROW THE FUCK UP woman. I don't care what he endured as a child. I wouldn't put up with that shit for a sec. A little sexual playing..whatever. I'll play the girl who needs to be rescued and I might like a take charge man in the bedroom now and then but that irl shit, I ain't no little woman. Women act like they'd like a control freak husband like this. How they want to be cared for and loved. That isn't love. That's control. There's a difference. All this...'your mine' shit. Love doesn't make me somebody's slave.

These women who are going gaga over it and I swear there are so many (I'm seeing this book everywhere) are idiots. Plain and simple. The way he acts and how she excuses him is bullshit. I don't care how much money you got and how safe you want me to be...if I wanna fucking get drinks with my girlfriend instead of obeying your orders I fucking will. And it's inexcusable that a whole country (maybe world) full of women are eating this shit up. I hope to God my girls grow up with more sense than most of the women I'm seeing.

I'm done now. Suffice it to say, I HATE IT. And I just wanna say it.

No comments: