Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do....right?

I've had a million post go through my head lately but I haven't been near the computer so they didn't get written down. One of them just came back to me though and I am sitting in front of the computer....well, about two feet from it unless I wanna sit the computer on my belly which makes me hot and uncomfortable and makes me start worrying about radiation (or whatever it is) hurting the baby (don't laugh at me) so I am reaching over my giant belly and boobs and typing this blog post.

One of the reasons that I'm so invested in breastfeeding and home birthing or just natural birth is my girls. My girls will grow up one day (really, they have to?) and they will have babies (maybe?) and I don't want to be my Mother. I want to have been there, done that and I won't to be able to offer them good advice and I want to have been a good example to them. I don't want them to assume babies are fed with bottles and not boobs and I don't want them to think an epi is the only way to have a baby and labor/delivery is this painful, horrible thing to avoid feeling or something that is only safely done at a hospital. I want to educate myself so I can educate them. I want to have a story to tell them...reassurances to offer. I don't want to be a hypocrite and push them to do anything I wasn't willing to do.

No comments: