Thursday, November 11, 2010

No doom and gloom here!

I'm sitting at Starbucks...I came to knit and listen to the relative quiet but what did I do...wind up on Fb and it shattered my calm somewhat like it often does.

You know I think some people have a lot of crappy days. I'd be really surprised if they had a good day or WAIT, maybe it's not that they didn't have a good day but they don't FB the good day, only the crappy one. Seriously, didn't your Momma tell you, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all." Now I realize that we ALL have bad days and we have the right as friends to listen to someone when they have a bad day, to show empathy, to sympathize but seriously when some people seem to never have a good day it boggles my mind and I get tired of it. My favorite quote on Fb is "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." Oscar Wilde. I try to live by that...obviously I wanna be the former not the latter. I try to spread happiness, not doom and gloom. I want to lift people up, not drag them down in the mire with me. I wanna be half full, not half empty. I want to make people laugh and be a benefit to their life and obviously I want the same of my friends.

Ok, another Fb gripe. Solicitors. Hate it. HATE it.

6 comments:

~Kimmee K~ said...

Oh No, I hope youre not referring to me :( with the bad day or the soliciting........i never mean to offend

Ginger said...

I have a friend from h.s that is selling some kinda Bellanora crap. I swear I thought her Fb had been hacked. I was getting video post, emails and all her updates were about but when it continued and she apologized but said it was necessary I realized it was really her.....so I just hide her from my wall. ;)

And honestly Kim, your a lot less doomy and gloomy...your shrink must be helping. ;) <--thats a joke BTW, don't get mad at me for teasing you. I do want you to come back to playgroup.

~Kimmee K~ said...

You're funny. Yes, the shrink is doing wonders ;) and no that wasn't a joke lol. I was thinking you were talking about my hairbows and such with the soliciting.....I do post it all yes, but I do my best not to be pushy :) My theory is that if I put it out there, people will want it or not...no sense in pestering individuals constantly....I only pester the whole group bwahahaha. Anyhow, I'll be back to playgroup...the past few weeks just haven't worked out. Nothing personal, just had other stuff going on. You haven't seen the last of me ;)

Ginger said...

Well, if they join the "bow" group then I'm sure it's not pestering, that's like asking for the info.

Candace said...

Sorry! I just wanted people to know the deals and that I'm giving away free stuff

Candace said...

:-)