Monday, October 17, 2011

The Tiger's Wife: A Novel

I read "The Tiger's Wife: A Novel" because I saw it was nominated for a book award and I enjoy reading that makes me think. I rarely review the many books I read because if I don't do it right away then I forget. But I will review this one. Mainly because the reviews aggravated me. Some people complained it jumped around too much and didn't have a clear ending but I hardily disagree.

"This was a good book. Not a great book but a good one. What's a great book? A book that changes my life. A book that helped shape who I am now and hopefully will be in the future. A book that changes my mind. A book that changes my path. THIS book was a good read. It wasn't scattered or hard to read. It follows three stories. One in the present of the girls' Grandfather who died and two stories he told her in the past that helped shape who he was. One being The Tiger's Wife and one being The Deathless Man (he was my favorite). It did feel like it had definite closure. More about the closure of the soul than a tangible ending but an ending nonetheless. I even enjoyed the way it came full circle. There was a connection in the stories that I did not see coming. Anyways, I don't want to give away too much of the plot. But unlike many reviewers, I felt it wasn't "hard" to read at all (surely you can follow three stories with clearly defined story lines and chapter changes) nor was I left with the feeling of being left to hang. I felt the ending was perfect."

No comments: