Saturday, October 15, 2011

I'm pregnant and I'm pissy

I have a parenting theory. Not based on personal experience because my Mom called me stupid and all sorts of hateful things, especially when I got in trouble and I don't think of myself as that way at all. BUT my theory is that children ARE and will be what you call them. So for example if I go around calling them little turds or shitfaces or whatever, then they are just fulfilling my expectations of them when they act that way BUT if I call them angelic and sweet and wonderful then they will strive to be those things because that's my expectations and the behaviors that I recognize in them. I also think while I'm probably pissing people off with know-it-all tone that IF there are behaviors I don't like in my children (much like I feel about most things in life) that instead of bitching I need to put a stop to them..however that's possible. Even if it means tearing their asses up. Because I'd rather deal with the behavior and LIKE my children than not be able to stand them because of their behavior. That's basically the definition of parenting, right?

Not to mention I can't bring myself to have a FML attitude ESPECIALLY when it comes to children because they are awesome. I'm not just saying that. I mean it. Smart, creative, funny, beautiful inside and out....My glass is definitely all the way full.

No comments: