Sunday, June 13, 2010

My Old Love...My First Love..

So I bought two books tonight...it's been too long. I do SO love to read and it seems lately with LIFE getting in the way I've had little time for my long lost love ....my fav pastime, reading. I sat on the aisle at Kmart and thought long and hard about my book selection. Since I haven't done it in so long I don't want to waste my time with drivel. I almost selected "Tuesdays with Morrie". I know I'm a little late on this gravy train. I guess I've resisted reading it because EVERYONE was. I try so hard to make up my own mind, live my life according to my rules...and defy the general public that sometimes (out of stubbornness mostly) I rebel against something (like reading a novel that everyone is raving about) when if I'd care more about making up my own mind instead of just being stubborn I might actually like it. I regress. So there I stood in the aisle and I read a couple of pages of "Tuesdays with Morrie" and was spellbound. I didn't want to put it down even to buy it but I closed it and found a couple of other books that sounded good "Water for Elephants" and "Sarah's Key" and ultimately I put "Tuesdays with Morrie" down and selected the other two. I WILL read it though...the next chance I get. Who knows when that will be?! Well, if the weather stays as rainy and dreary as this weekend has been I shall have lots of time for staying inside and reading.

The girls have dance class tomorrow...for the month of June so far anyways. I'm going to look into getting them with a different dance studio because this one is SO expensive. I've had two in town recommended to me. But they are excited, so of course, so am I.

No comments: