Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grow UP--FOR REAL!!!

So recently two ...acquaintances that are 30 and over wrote something along the lines of these two comments: Person A: I'm finding my own place soon. It's time I became a big girl." Person B: "It's time to sit down and figure out what I really want out of life."

All I wanna say is .....REALLY? Just NOW it's time? How can you be over 30 years old WITH a child and still live in your parents house and expect anyone to take you seriously...especially a man. I mean **sarcasm alert** MEN really love it when they have to drop you off at your door step and see your parents peeping through the curtains to see your goodnight kiss. REALLY?! And boy-o, is it EVER time to figure out what you need out of life when your life is almost half over and you have a couple kids. If your just now sitting down to figure that out then you should have grew up a long time ago.

And another thing, I'm tired of ppl whining about everyone being in their business when they publish their business on the WORLD WIDE WEB. Don't do that if you want it private!! For example (this is an ACTUAL example of an ACTUAL PERSON and event that comes to mind), don't post one day that your divorcing your husband and then the next day post about how everyone needs to stay out of your business and not create problems with your marriage. Seems to me like you should have counted to ten (or a hundred) and took a couple of deep breathes (or got a good nights sleep) before you posted that you were divorcing him.

In the spirit of fairness, I've been known to post when in the heat of the moment and regret it later so I can see how it would be done but you can BET that if I posted I was getting a divorce then I damn sure would (if only to save face ;).

I feel more comfortable posting in the heat of the moment on my blog than in my other virtual worlds. ;) Facebook and Myspace don't seem the right mediums. Maybe because when I post something I feel fervently about it requires more than the allotted word space that those two sites give me.

No comments: