Tuesday, July 27, 2010

We can't all be survivors...

So I love my Nook SO much that I've read SIX books on it just since I got it. Wowzer. I've spent WAY too much money cuz it's SO easy to push the buy button when I want to read the next book.

Speaking of the next book, four of the books I've read were in the Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning. The heroine of the books is named Mac short for MacKayla and she starts out a simple twit of a girl and winds up being a badass Superwoman like girl whose still learning but somehow managing to kick butt ..mostly. I thought to myself...why do we like books and movies like this...where ppl in impossible cataclysmic situations manage to rise above the obstacles and prove themselves worthy of living and excelling. You know we like these kind of novels cuz we see ourselves. I mean say there was apocalyptic event we can't see ourselves being the sheep that are lying down ...the extras in the movieand letting it go in the first moments but the survivors..the tough ones, the stars of the show. We think somehow we're gonna be them...or we hope so. Do I think there is gonna be a cataclysmic event in the future? Definitely..even if your not a believer in the Bible or the Apocalypse I don't see how you can deny it. The government is preparing us for one...it will happen and as the Bible says...we will know not when or where. That's no reason to live in fear though...but sometimes I think it's a reason to live in preparation.

No comments: