Friday, June 21, 2013

Just another rant.

I really hate the term 'mommy wars'. People love to whip that one out any time they feel 'judged', another term I'm not in love with it. I guess because I think judgement is internalized. Too often when someone feels 'judged' it's because they are dealing with guilt or an issue of their own. It really has nothing to do with anyone else 'judging' them. All choices are not equal. I get really sick that we are suppose to go around patting each other on the back for. everything. Where does it end? At one point do we stop patting someone on the back for the choices they made and instead say, "Hey, you could make better choices.".

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I completely agree with the first half of that sentiment. But the rest, well, it sounds a lot like you are judging them for not making the same choices you would make. Why are your choices better? Unless we are talking about obvious bad choices like abuse, neglect, etc, what's wrong with people making the best choice for THEM, not other people? Live and let live. If your choices don't affect me, I don't care what you choose. I'm not trying to be an ass, just trying to understand.